question

kahunz avatar image
kahunz asked

Fault #40 MPPT 150/85

My SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 is showing Fault #40. Usual power cycling troubleshooting (disconnecting both batteries and PV) hasn't resolved it - fault returns immediately on restarting.

The manual and website both say -

Err 40 - PV Input failed to shutdown
If the charger is unable to turn off the PV input, it will go into a safe mode in order to protect the battery from over-charging or having a high voltage on the battery terminals. In order to do that, the charger will stop charging and disconnect its own output. The charger will become faulty

I can't find any troubleshooting steps in the manuals or elsewhere online. We're away in the boat, so can't easily get a sparky in to check it out.

Has anyone met this before? Any suggestions for steps to reset beyond power cycling? What does it mean by "failed to shutdown PV input" - I can't think of an obvious change in the rest of the system that could be causing the fault.

Thanks heaps

MPPT Controllersfault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.