question

bassman avatar image
bassman asked

ESS Keep Batteries Charged - Starts Inverting

Hi all - Help.

Just had a new MP2 with AC coupled GT and AGM batteries) installed and are having a few problems. One of which that I have the ESS set on Keep Batteries Charged for the time being. However when 100% Absorption starts (or soon after) the MP2 starts inverting, even though it still says Absorption!

I tried rebooting CCGX and then MP2 - it looked like it had fixed the problem, but then started inverting again.

I tried to put the MP2 into charging only, but no lights/sound, no response - all lights dead (maybe a quick flash of float light on the panel). The only switch position that works is the full on Inverter/Charge Mode and off.

Multiplus-IIESSCCGX Color Control
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Just checking have you got the latest Firmware installed 459

0 Likes 0 ·
bassman avatar image bassman Paul B commented ·

Hi Paul B, I don't think we can update the firmware remotely? so are waiting for a Mk3 cable to arrive. After the firmware is updated we will see what's what.

We're still trying to get our heads around ESS. The only time it has worked properly is w/out BatteryLife. Also, I've run Keep Batteries Charged before and this behaviour didn't occur.

Atm I've got it on BatteryLife set to 100% so will see what it does next!

Cheers - Paul

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
bassman avatar image
bassman answered ·

Hi Paul B,

Updated the firmware on MP2 and is now behaving itself. The system is only a 240ah AGM and not suited to daily cycling and is designed as a UPS. I have it set to Optimised w/out BatteryLife and the Inverter set to 0w in ESS. This keeps the batteries in constant Float and PV charges at Float the next day. If we want to use battery power we can just turn the Inverter on via ESS. We went this way as 'Keep Batteries Charged' charges 24/7 grid and PV, this way it just uses PV.

Cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Just set the min SOC to 99 or 100 then if you loose power the inverter will kick in

1558001439047.png (44.9 KiB)
2 |3000