question

taisau avatar image
taisau asked

VRM dashboard selector pulldown visibility?

The graph selector on the dashboard disappears after the page has loaded and is not visible, and I can only see the system overview. What determines when this selector shows?

Thanks

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
taisau avatar image
taisau answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi I can make my select disappear if I narrow the window size it then comes back if I increase the window size

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Can you please post a screen shot of the page with the selector missing?

Also you browser and version number.

I cannot reproduce this issue. The selector is always visible for me in safari on the dashboard, even if I resize the window to very small.

2 |3000

taisau avatar image
taisau answered ·

ChromeOS Version 75.0.3770.24 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

2 |3000

taisau avatar image
taisau answered ·

The same result with IE: no selector on my installation, and I do see the selector on the demos. The list of requirements to see the selector is long. I'll start going down the list.

2 |3000

taisau avatar image
taisau answered ·

My venus version is v2.23

Multi with 27 series hardware 2702 is the Prod ID and 430 is the firmware version

...Has DC System...

• If this feature is enabled, and the used battery monitor is a BMV 700 or 712, then the minimum required BMV firmware version to make the VRM Energy dashboards operate correctly is v3.08.

• The calculated value for 'DC Power' is not used in any way by the GX, beyond just being displayed 'on screen'. In particular it is not logged on the VRM portal and it is not included in system calculation and it does not appear as part of the recorded Solar Yield.

My BMV 712 firmware version is v4.01. I don't see any other req's that I don't meet that would cause the selector to not display.

Other limitations

• A system with multiple mppts, even a mix of VE.Can and VE.Direct, is supported: the algorithm will totalize all the counters - as long as they are all actively monitored.

• Multiple AC current sensors measuring multiple PV inverters is supported as well.

• These overviews work correctly when Victron Solar Chargers are used. When one or more non-Victron solar chargers are used, the system cannot read their Energy yields, and because of that the resulting overviews are incorrect and unreliable.

• The VGR, VGR2 and VER do not provide any energy data data.

• Combining MPPT Solar Chargers and PV Inverters in a system is supported.

Note that the same data used to show these energy graphs is also available as a download. See the Advanced tab on VRM, and then the download icon on the top right.

2 |3000

taisau avatar image
taisau answered ·

I have just updated from the stable release to v2.30~47 and I now see the selector. Problem solved if not understood.

2 |3000

tonksy avatar image
tonksy answered ·

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem. ( screenshots are virtually same ) When the screen is loading you can see the dropdown very briefly but then disappears.

I'm very new user so I am not sure what i'm missing. I have a Venus GX (2.33), Quattro 24/5000 ( 413 , 2648 ), BMV 712 and SmartSolar Charger MPPT 100/20 ( 1.46 )

My Dashboard Overview shows both Battery and Solar as line graphs with no bar chart consumption, on Demo's you generally see Battery as line chart and consumption and solar yield as a bar graph.

Am I missing something in configuration or misunderstanding the requirements ?

Thanks

Phil.

3 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi Phil. This could be simply a browser issue. Can you update it, or try another to check?

Teun (VRM development) has asked for browser issues to be reported, but please be very specific.

0 Likes 0 ·
tonksy avatar image tonksy JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi JohnC,

I'm using the latest Chrome, but I tried Edge, IE all the same and the VRM app on Apple and Android does the same.

Why is my Solar a Line graph, on the Demos its usually a bar graph?

Phil.

0 Likes 0 ·
tonksy avatar image tonksy JohnC ♦ commented ·

Sorry, just to add some screen shots that may explain more.

This is my installation , missing dropdown and bar graphs and no Consumption....

Same browser, Demo installation

Is my hardware not correct for this type of information ( listed in first mail )? or configuration problem?

Thanks

Phil.

0 Likes 0 ·
1573564874685.png (102.9 KiB)
1573565156178.png (127.2 KiB)
tonksy avatar image
tonksy answered ·

Ok, i'm feeling a little stupid, i think i have found the problem. The VenusGX has incorrect time and date. It should set from the internet, but at the moment it not working and i cannot set it manually. I will raise a different question for this.....

2 |3000