question

chemmy avatar image
chemmy asked

Inverter RS Smart Solar 48/6000/100 error #42

I have a system installed for over a year and works fine all the time except for when I encouter an event that the batteries are going low and the inverter shuts down. When this happens it is was nightmare to have the system restart and now I couldn't restart the inverter at all. The system comes up with error #42 Inverter shut down (PV isolation).I get this error continuously even when the inverter is disconnected from the PVs and disconnected from any 220V line (L, N and E) are are disconnected. All voltages and grounding resistances that I measure seem to make sense.
Although I can not get the inverter to work, the batteries get charged so the solar control and chargers do work normal.

Firmware version is v1.10

support
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
chemmy avatar image
chemmy answered ·

Just want to add that by now batteries are fully charged but no AC yet. The inverter is still with this grounding error #42 :-(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chemmy avatar image
chemmy answered ·

I see that I am writing here to myself.

Anyway, the system (its inverter) came back to life, on its own after 3 days of giving a grounding error #42. Although I am happy all seems to work fine now, I am dissapointed because 1: No response from any Victron support person received all this time and 2: I know this problem will occur again next time that the battery will drain again.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Good to hear things are moving along, for support, you really need to chat to your installer/dealer, the community isn't a support channel nor is it a conduit to victron staff.

It is just a self-help tool, where fellow users and installers share experiences and try point people in a direction so they can solve their own problems.

The internet works well for some things and for others not.

Support page

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.