question

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir asked

Can the Venus GX control its relay based on battery SOC

When discharging the batteries to run a heat pump I want to switch off the heat pump if the batteries get to 10% SOC so that the pump doesn't start drawing from the grid. By switching off the HP it will automatically bring on the gas boiler which is more economical than the HP on grid lekki.

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can use the generator autostart feature to do this, it only works on relay 1 though.

and under relays you must set it to generator autostart for the features to apear.

hope thats of help

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir commented ·
Thanks for that, got it set up
0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir commented ·
Hello Paul, I thought i'd got this set up but although there's a faint click from the Venus when I change the soc value it doesn't open of close the relay. have you know of this happening?

Thanks,

Richard.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

no i have not herd of it happening unless you have overloaded the relay and damaged the contacts. . so test the relay with a multimeter

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

if you have damaged it and you are ok with a soldering iron remove relay two then relay one and resolder relay 2 into relay ones spot, you can get replacement relays on ebay if need be. latter

2 |3000

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir answered ·

I set up a new assistant for generator start / stop in VE Config (for parallel Multis) and was able to control the relay on the multi with that assistant. Got it working how I wanted.

2 |3000