question

gareth avatar image
gareth asked

Graph showing input from solar, in/out to battery and output to load

Hey all,

I have a SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 with a 150w panel attached.

It feeds a 105Ah liFePo4 battery (via a Daly BMS)

The load is connected to a Phoenix 12/250

The SmartSolar and Phoenix are connected to a Raspberry Pi running Venus using the official Victron USB cables. It's connected to VRM and logging data just fine.

I'm trying to work out if there is a way to get one graph that shows the Wattage generated by the PV array, the wattage used by the load and the wattage either into or out of the battery.

I can see "system - Battery Power". This seems to go negative so I assume is the amount of power either into our out of the battery so that's a start.

I can also see "Solar Charger - PV Yeald" which seems to show the PV Yeald in Watts so I know that's there too.

But on the output side I only see "Solar Charger LoadOutput Current" no voltage or Power option.

I tried creating a custom widget and was able to add the Battery and PV power and did find an "Inverter - PV Power" option but I'm not really sure what that shows.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm happy to play around with config files / roll my own if someone is able to point me in the right direction to start.

MPPT SmartSolarVenus OSPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gareth avatar image
gareth answered ·

For the record the Inverter - PV Power shows nothing in my setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page