question

Josep morancho avatar image
Josep morancho asked

Pylontech Battery SOC increases several hours after been charged

I have recently installed an off-grid system with two US5000 pylontech batteries. PV grid has installed 3kw of solar panels and the solar charger is a SmartSolar 250/80.

As you can see in the VRM graphs attached, early in the morning the solarcharger inject charge in the batteries for a couple of hours but the SOC does not increase. After that the solar charger only inject the power requiered for the load connected to the inverter, a Multiplus II 5000, until the end of the day.

Nevertheless, later in the afternoon the SOC increases quickly until reach 100% but the SmartSolar is not charging the battery in that period of the day. This uses to happen every day around 16,30h, less than 1 hour before sunset.

Is there any explanation to this behaviour?

Thanks

3c970554-481b-4e54-bc74-05b755e423f4.jpegImage Caption

2ce7ff90-966b-4139-9cfe-5f7bda2a9b9f.jpeg

da768b18-9b81-4f97-b6af-bbdcbfee4f5f.jpegImage Caption

df967890-0d13-4f43-a0e1-519cd0e92a0a.jpegImage Caption

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jon-lowbank avatar image jon-lowbank commented ·

I have 5 x Pylontech Pelios I just hooked up and same thing. voltage at 53.7volts but still only 56% charged will see if it sorts its self out.

image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (77.8 KiB)
3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Probably the way the BMV is configured. Please post screen shots of the BMV settings

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Josep morancho avatar image Josep morancho commented ·
I have a Cerbo GX
0 Likes 0 ·
Josep morancho avatar image Josep morancho commented ·

How/where do I get the BMV settings in Cerbo GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Josep morancho commented ·
You can't. Must come from the BMV
0 Likes 0 ·
Josep morancho avatar image
Josep morancho answered ·

How/where do I get the BMV settings?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Assuming it's one with Bluetooth, download/install Victron Connect. This will detect all the Victron Bluetooth devices. Use the app to connect to the BMV. Top right cogwheel, settings, battery.

Going back a bit, if you look closely at the battery current graph, you will see that the current line goes flat close to zero at the point when synchronisation occurs. This and the large step up to 100% indicate a mismatch between settings and your system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Whittaker avatar image
Mark Whittaker answered ·

I have seen this before on new installs, The batteries are balancing, give it a few cycles and this will sort itself out.

2 |3000