question

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV asked

PowerAssist not working after FW upgrade

The central component of my system is a Quattro 48/10000 (2653) and after upgrading to the latest FW version (500) the PowerAssist function is not working anymore. In the scenario below, I've set the Input Current Limit to 6A, and still the Quattro is taking 7.8A from the grid. I've double checked all the settings (see also attached screens) and I cannot find any other root cause than a buggy FW. Anyone else is having the same issue?screenshot-2022-12-12-191624.jpgscreenshot-2022-12-12-191704.jpgscreenshot-2022-12-12-191737.jpgscreenshot-2022-12-12-192201.jpgscreenshot-2022-12-12-192217.jpg

quattro 10kvapowerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you aren’t in the uk or austria, there is no need to upgrade for compliance reasons. Go back to the older version.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Did you update any other components?

What batteries do you have? It may be in passthrough because the bms is giving a no charge and discharge command.

Or your SOC is a bit wonky and your low soc in case of grid faliure has been met?

What are your other ess settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Nope, the only update was for Quattro. I have Pylontech batteries. I've checked under parameters menu of the batteries, and discharge current limit was 444A, so not limited by BMS. The ESS was on "optimized (without battery life)" with a minimum SOC set at 80%. In the meantime, I've changed the ESS to "keep batteries charged" and it seems now the "input current limit" is followed. Still, the powerassist feature was working previously also on "optimized" mode.
0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·
Indeed, I will try to go back to 499 and see what happens.
0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman CristiMV commented ·
Do let us know please.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic