question

justint avatar image
justint asked

120v Multiples 3000 Best AC wire gauge

I am adding two parallel multipluses in a off-grid cabin. As it is off-grid it will not be connected to grid/mains/shore power so the boost feature will not be used. I won't be using a generator either with the system. The distance from the inverters to the breaker panel is just under 3 ft. Would it be better to use 10 or 6AWG? or 8? I know victron says that parallel inverters work better when the wires aren't too big. If the wire resistance is too low, the power will not be shared as equally. Has anyone used a two-pole breaker for your parallel inverters? They will both be connected to the same line (single phase) but each wire from the inverter will go through one pole.

Would a 30 amp breaker on 10 awg be enough to handle the connection for each inverter. I've heard people claim the 3000 can potentially output 32 amps. I don't want to limit myself from potential power so would a 35 amp breaker on 8 awg or larger wire be better? Is 6 awg wire best? The 40 and 50 amp cfgi breakers seem to be cheaper than the smaller ones anyway.

What wire size and breakers would work best for two parallel 3000 watt 120V multiplus if the transfer switch isn't used. (I know the breaker rating must be lower than the wire rating). My main concern is that the powers balanced.

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers