question

nesswill avatar image
nesswill asked

Adding a Marlec Rutland FM1803-2 Windcharger

I have an MPPT 450/100 & a Smart Shunt 500ah and 1300ah of Batties @ 48v.

I have DCVV enabled and DC monitoring on my GX Cerbo.

Is there any problems or issues anyone has come across by adding a wind turbine?

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Thanks Dave.

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jodi5d avatar image jodi5d commented ·

FM1803-2 Furlmatic Windcharger System Updated and more powerful! Technical Features The FM1803-2 Furlmatic Windcharger with its robust 3-bladed wind turbine is supplied with it's purpose designed controller. • New 3 bladed turbine design combines an efficient profile with a durable injection moulded construction. • The 3 phase generator has a very low torque enabling power generation to start from just 3m/s (<7mph) windspeed. • Rutland unique disc type brushless generator design has a high degree of inertia that keeps the turbine spinning between gusts of wind where other designs stop and...

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

I have a Rutland 1200 running on my boat without any issue. It will not integrate into the Victron eco-system and DVCC control. I do have a smart shunt on the negative output of the controller so that I can monitor the output from the generator. Make sure the controller can be configured with a Lithium charge profile.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

"I do have a smart shunt on the negative output of the controller so that I can monitor the output from the generator."

Me too, ok thanks for all the help.

I have just ordered the Turbine so it will be a few weeks be for i get it all setup.

Cheers, Dave.

0 Likes 0 ·
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

Is this an on or off grid system? What is the brand and model of battery?

1 comment
2 |3000

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

Hi thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Off grid. (once completed)

x20 (will be x28 when complete) 12v 260ah Expedition Plus Agm Deep Cycle.

Thanks Dave.

0 Likes 0 ·