question

Pavel Richter avatar image
Pavel Richter asked

EV Charging Station problems

Wallbox problems...

I wrote a question some time ago. Victron staff reaction? none.
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/158854/victron-wallbox-features.html

Hopefully the manufacturer will write something now.

There are other problems.
Hard to describe, see video.
In the second video, the wallbox freezes completely.

The biggest problem is that the wallbox does not charge!
I have a mitsubishi outlander phev. I plug in the cable and nothing. it doesn't detect the car. won't start charging. Sometimes it won't start even after a few hours.
The last time I managed to charge it was after the car had been plugged in for several hours. only then did the charging start.

From the beginning, the wallbox was charging. But it seems to me that as it gets colder outside, it gets worse and worse. Today about 3-4C outside. charging didn't even start in 8 hours.

Another problem is that after charging, the contactor turns off. It will turn on again in a moment. and so on and on. It caused an error message in the car. I turned on the option to keep the contactor closed even after charging. No! although less often, it still turns the charging off and on again. WTF?

This is scrap....what about warranty?

Thanks
Pavel

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
lucca371 avatar image
lucca371 answered ·

when it doesn't detect the car, connect the car and use CP calibration in settings -- General .

the dispay must be touched strongly.

in manual mode the car is always charged. In Auto mode @ waiting sun the car dont charge.
Victron is working on a new firmware with many improvements.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pavel Richter avatar image Pavel Richter commented ·

TThank you very much.!!!

I tried and it started charging.
I didn't want to interfere with it - calibration when I don't know what it does, and especially when it already worked once.

Can you tell me what I actually calibrated? What is CP?
I assumed that the car and the charger communicate via the CAN bus

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pavel Richter answered ·

2 |3000

Pavel Richter answered ·

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
What in tarnation is going on there........
0 Likes 0 ·
Pavel Richter answered ·

Hallelujah!
today the temperature is about 8-10C, the wallbox started charging!
So please victron staff for some info.

2 |3000

Pavel Richter answered ·

Victron's reaction? still none.

2 comments
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@Pavel Richter Have you spoken to the company you purchased the charger from? Inherently your warranty request would be with them as well as any technical support. Sometimes tagging @ a member of Victron staff might get a reaction but also you might get reminded the forum is not for warranty related support or you need to contract your distributor.

After all of that, some thing is definitely not right. Could there be a lose power supply connection? Did you fit the charger yourself or did you pay someone to supply & fit?
0 Likes 0 ·
Pavel Richter avatar image Pavel Richter Jason - UK commented ·

Of course I contacted the supplier.
A week passed and no response. I will have to push harder.
Technical support is poor. I don't insist on an immediate solution, but I need information!!
But what is this forum for? I thought it was to solve problems.
If someone from Victron wrote for example... ok we know about it. We are working on it, there will be a FW update. Ok I have no problem.

I'm mainly trying to find out where the problem is!! When we install this for the customer and he asks why this or that is happening, I need information.
Unfortunately, I didn't find much experience with this wallbox.

We installed the wallbox ourselves.
We are a company - with electrical qualifications. We install dozens of power plants with Victron hardware.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, @lucca371 answered correctly, Please make sure you are running the latest firmware and use the calibration button.

4 comments
2 |3000

Pavel Richter avatar image Pavel Richter commented ·

okay

I'm using the latest firmware.

I will try the calibration and let you know.

I did not calibrate as I assumed the unit was factory calibrated. When the car was charging normally at higher temperatures.

Thanks for the info!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Pavel Richter commented ·

The unit was calibrated but the cable length and type between vehicle and the charging station is not the same as ours, so, that's why sometimes calibration is needed. Also, the earth impedance is important because all the measurements are relative to earth (GND). Please provide some feedback after calibration.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pavel Richter avatar image Pavel Richter Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

It charges after calibration.

Thank you very much for explaining what and why.

This is exactly the information I needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Pavel Richter commented ·
Sorry for not answering faster, next time please use the device name when adding a new question because we have some automated rules to send questions to the right team. And wallbox is not the product name. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·