question

svcordelia avatar image
svcordelia asked

New phone wont connect to smart inverter

Tried the recommended solutions nothing works. Smart 12/2000. Phone sees it can't connect doesn't recognise default pin or puk. Old phone is unusable.

No problems with mppt' just inverter. Driving me nuts any help appreciated

Bluetooth
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi

What does VictronConnect show when you reset the PIN code (using the PUK)?

Have you also tried to power cycle the product by disconnecting it from the battery for 5 minutes?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engele

0 Likes 0 ·
svcordelia avatar image svcordelia Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the reply the msg I get with the puk code is ' wrong puk code ' puk begins PIN then numbers 12 characters total. I had tried to power cycle but maybe should have left it disconnected longer ? When I reconnected it still showed up on my new phone with the name I gave it on the old phone. The app sees it but the phone is not paired to it, so impossible to unpair. Old phone is broken beyond ability to unpair. Is there another way of factory resetting the inverter to make it appear unnamed to the app? Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ svcordelia commented ·

Hi @SVCordelia

What you describe is not the PUK code. Unfortunately we manufactured a number of Smart Inverters that did not include the PUK code on the sticker. So I suspect that you have such a model. You can check this by looking at the serial number (the thing starting with HQ). The first 2 digits after HQ are the year of production. When the year is 19 or lower (so HQ19....), it probably does not have the PUK code on the sticker. In that case, you can contact your Victron Dealer as they have access to PUK recovery. When it is newer, there should be a sticker somewhere that clearly says "PUK: .....".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers