question

danbunton avatar image
danbunton asked

Cerbo GX Spurious Generator Starts

Hi all, I have my Cerbo’s Relay 1 controlling a generator through a DSE 3110 remote start module. All runs perfectly well except for spuriously starting around 4.30am sometimes and running for between 5 seconds and a few minutes. This is way outside of the soc quiet time conditions it is programmed to operate under. All other conditions and test runs (Periodic Runs) are disabled; minimum run time is 5 mins so it fails that too. The DSE is not showing any faults; only that it has been activated. It only happens around 4.30am; my neighbours aren’t happy - any ideas?

Thanks!

generator auto start
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danbunton avatar image danbunton commented ·
Maybe I should add that the system is Pylontech Lithium running on DVCC and the Pylontech BMS is enabled as the SOC monitor. The Generator start/stop condition enabled is SOC.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Maybe 2 areas I would look at to begin with... the Settings/Conditions pages on the generator start/stop menu in the console. You have probably done this already.... but maybe there is a conflict of conditions at that time?

Alternatively a possible power interruption/changeover (very short) that is triggering the autostart?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danbunton avatar image
danbunton answered ·

Hey, thanks for the reply Gazza, yes I’ve been through the console and can’t find any conflicts and only one condition (SOC) is enabled anyway. I had thought of power changeover or that maybe the Pylontech BMS ‘resets’ at 4.30am and the SOC information temporarily drops out - all just conjecture though.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Have you tried simply rebooting the system? I had similar issues after making some configuration changes in the cerbo and a reboot of the inverters and the cerbo fixed it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Derrick, no, strangely I hadn’t thought of that, in fact I’ve never done a reboot of the system - is it as simple as turning everything off (inverter, batteries, charge controller and cerbo) and then back on again? Or just the Cerbo? I will give it a try. Thanks for the advice.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Under general settings menu in the cerbo is reboot

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks Derrick! It’s been a few weeks and no spurious generator starts so it appears the reboot did the trick. Cheers!
0 Likes 0 ·