question

scraggs avatar image
scraggs asked

Multiplus 2 equalisation voltage again :(

This has come up again, today I tried to do an equalization on my IPzS 930 48v battery bank and I can not get it to go over 60.5v. I need to get to 62v, I am starting to get at a bit of a loss with this, everything I have read about it leads me to believe the voltage should be able to go to 62.4v.
The only thing I can think of is that it may need higher than 25% current limit due to the battery size but not sure how I can do that.
Has anyone any ideas why this is happening and how I could get it sorted ?
In an ideal world the Multi would run the same charger software as the MPPT's.
Setup is 48v 930ah traction battery
Victron 48/8000/110
Fronius 8.2-1
250/100MPPT ve can
Smartshunt 500
Cerbo GX
Thanks for any help

equalisation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

If you can't get the current you need in equalization because of the battery bank size, you could temporarily raise the bulk charging voltage to the equalization voltage and limit the charge current to the appropriate current for your bank size. Monitor the bank closely until equalization has been achieved and then set the voltage and current back to what it should be normally.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic