question

kornection avatar image
kornection asked

no value in "to grid" information on VRM

Dear community,

I recently installed an ESS with an ET112 grid meter.

During feed-in to the grid i notice an negative power value (as expected) on the ET112.

In some way the "to grid" value doesn't change when feeding-in.

The utility meter shows an feed-in value.

i have used the search function but could not find an clear answer.

Kind regards,

Kor de Vries

ESSVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Kornection How are you reading the information? Are you reading the data on the ET112 directly on via VRM? Could you provide a screen shot of the data? The ET112 I found when I used it suffered with high latency therefore the data communicated on VRM was delayed and flattered out, ie no peaks in the loads shown.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kornection avatar image
kornection answered ·

@Jason - UK

when looking on the dashboard, compared with advanced.

schermafbeelding-2022-11-29-125537.png

schermafbeelding-2022-11-29-130218.png

2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Kornection That looks the same as how my system was when I had no CT sensor on my PV cables. What's happening is your system doesn't know you have a PV system so it can see consumption as shown in the dashboard view but when you have a surplus (when PV generates more than your consumption), it sees no 'consumption' whereas the advanced info graph shows the direction and amount of energy in either export or import thought the CT sensor.

What you need is the Victron 40A CT sensor on your PV live cable so your system can subtract the PV generation form your consumption to work out the actual consumption when your PV system is generating.

You can see on my schematic below I have a CT sensor on my PV supply (its actually only on the live cable, not both). If you click on the below link, have a look at the photos and you'll see the 40A CT sensor around the PV live cable.

1669728788245.jpeg

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/171934/share/db6807bb

1669728788245.jpeg (599.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000