question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Multiplus ignores Temperature compensation DVCC from Cerbo

I have set DVCC on my Cerbo GX to share its temperature and selected temperature sensor 1 . Have checked the sensor is giving the correct temperature but the Multiplus still transitions from Bulk to Absorption at the normal set point for 25c which is 28.8 volts when the temperature is 10c degrees lower so should not end Bulk until 29.4 . Is this a knows issue or is there anything can do to correct this ..

temperature compensation
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

what is the battery type set to in the multiplus

0 Likes 0 ·
ako avatar image ako Paul B commented ·

My Batteries are Trojan AGM but only Victron AGM are listed so i left it at default , i did the same on Charge Curve .

screenhunter-134.png

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ ako commented ·

Hi @AKO

Your 5mV setting needs to be multiplied by the number of cells. The Multi doesn't do that. Enter -60mV there and it should do what you expect.

0 Likes 0 ·
ako avatar image ako JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanks John , i couldn't find any mention of that in the manual or online in general however Im sure your right so i have made the adjustment as you suggested and will have to wait for bad weather to try it out . I did notice after i set Temperature compensation to -60mV that the new maximum voltage displayed was 31.5 volts m that equates to a temperature variation of 30c degrees ( 31.5 - 28.8 = 2.7 ) that would handle a temperature range from -5c to 55c . Is my choice of battery type setting correct ?

UPDATE

Weathers bad today so started the generator and happy to report the Multiplus is now applying Temperature Compensation .

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ ako commented ·
@AKO

The batt type doesn't stay 'specified' once you change something (like the Temp Comp). But those settings look fine for AGM's.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic