question

hanski avatar image
hanski asked

Victron Smart Solar MPPT 150-85 and MultiplusCompact 3000 /12V 120A

I have 12V traction batterie bank consisting of 6 ETERNITY 8PzS-ET 1000-LM 2V batteries in series.

For my 12V battery bank ETERNITY informs the following values: the absorption voltage is 14,7V, the floating voltage is 13,5V and the equalization voltage is 15,3V. Have I understood right that with "Victron Connect app " with PC I can put these right values into MultiplusCompact inverter charger and SmartSolar MPPT 150-85 charging controller?

If I will execute the equalization in one day with MultiplusCompact, shall I only put the item "use equalization" ON in the APP?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Yes, you can do this with Victron connect. You might need an adapter (mk3 usb) for the multiplus.

If you want to control equalisation manually, leave it off until then.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daveadams avatar image
daveadams answered ·

You WILL need the mk3-USB adapter so you can connect your pc to the ve.bus. Also, you‘ll want to download their ve.configure software which lets you modify a bunch of other parameters. Also note that the equalization voltage is a fixed offset of 1volt higher than the absorption voltage. Not an adjustable parameter.

From the Multiplus Compact manual….
“3.3.1 Equalisation

Traction batteries may require regular equalisation charging. In the equalisation mode, the MultiPlus will charge with increased voltage for one hour (1V above the absorption voltage for a 12V battery, 2V for a 24V battery). The charging current is then limited to 1/4 of the set value. The “bulk” and “absorption” LEDs flash intermittently.

Equalisation mode supplies a higher charging voltage than most DC consuming devices can cope with. These devices must be disconnected before additional charging takes place.”

Hope this helps.

2 |3000