question

jabdy avatar image
jabdy asked

Charging and using when moving between 60 & 50 Hz areas.

My set up is a 60hz system running Quattro's. However when I need to charge in a 50hz area I use 2 Skyllas. This works OK, at a reduced output, but when using The Skyllas I cannot access any AC, eg cooking, kettle etc, as the quattro's shut the Skyllas down.

Is there any work around. I have only just discovered this problem. It had not been mentioned in the installation.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jabdy

Guessing a little here without more info. Presumably Skylla IP65s, and their Remote Ports perhaps wired in to stop them running while the Quattros are charging on 60 Hz supply. Then the system never tested on 50 Hz..?

The workaround would be to pull the existing wire pair from the Remote ports and wire a jumper across the + and -. See 2.5 https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Skylla-IP65/Skylla-IP65-en.pdf

Hopefully it's that simple.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jabdy avatar image
jabdy answered ·

Thank you, they were never tested in the US on 50Hz. They are Skylla-IP44 12V/60A.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

I will look at your link and try to follow it.

2 |3000