question

yaute avatar image
yaute asked

Why is LG Chem Resu only compatible w MultiPlus 48/3000/35?

why is it compatible w Multiplus 48/3000/35 and not w Multiplus II 48/5000?

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Yaute

If you looks at the battery tech specs you can check if it is able to do the full load rating

It is most likely an inrush current issue. What also might have something to do with it is it was not officially tested so not officially supported. There may be other issues, and it is very likely there are undocumented limitations which may effect the reliability, support and warranty conditions available to you.

That does not mean you cant use them, it just means there is not technical support for it. (Lots of unlisted batteries being used out there on inverters.)

The RESU seemed to have a few limitations when I looked at the years ago (Maybe newer stuff does not I dont know) but one was it could only be used with ve direct connected mppts and the the other was oy two could be parallel connected, and then there was the cost. i never revisited newer models or considered them again. There are just so many other more fully supported options out there.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.