question

martin-fi avatar image
martin-fi asked

EV Charging Station - LOW SOC failure/Error

We have a EV Charging station and we get a LOW SOC failure ?

Newest Firmware of Cerbo and EV Charging station.

Does anyone has an idea ?

ev charging station
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, 2 possible reasons :

- make sure on the cerbo side (settings, services) modbus tcp is enabled

- make sure on the EVCS side (settings, general) the GX ip address is correct

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Stefanie avatar image
Stefanie answered ·

Low SoC sounds like a message coming from the BMS. Do you happen to have a Lynx Smart BMS? If this is the case, check the Discharge floor setting in the BMS as this is what is causing the alarm when SoC drops below the set value.

Edit: If it is indeed an alarm coming from the EVCS, make sure that Modbus TCP is enabled in the GX device, and if that's ok, make sure that on the EVCS side the IP address for the GX device (Settings > General > GX Device) is set correctly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hansvdg avatar image
hansvdg answered ·

Same problem in my installation. I do run a Venus in firmware 2.92 and have the EVCS in firmware 1.23. This in an off-grid setup with a Quattro 230V single phase. I checked the TCP settings in de Venus, which is enabled and checked the EVCS that it finds the Venus. All in the same WIFI network. When I set the EVCS to Auto mode, it pops up the 'low SOC' alarm while I am still way above my minimal SOC setting in the EVCS.

The EVCS works just fine in Manual mode and it even stops charging when the minimal SOC (I did set it to 70%) is reached

What could I check and do to get the EVCS work automatically so I can have it charge faster when there is sufficient Solar power available?

1 comment
2 |3000

Stefanie avatar image Stefanie ♦♦ commented ·
I edited my answer above. See if that helps.
0 Likes 0 ·
martin-fi avatar image
martin-fi answered ·

We dont use the Lynx Smart BMS 500. We are using Pylontech batteries.

@ Stafanie --> Maybe the ESS Setting "optimized with battery life" is responsible for the "low SOC" alarm ?

1 comment
2 |3000

I'm not an ESS expert and it's the first time I hear that ESS will issue an 'Low SoC' alarm rather than a low battery alarm. Worth to check it though.

Please provide screenshots of your EVCS settings and perhaps also something that shows the alarm (VRM screenshot, notification whatever).

0 Likes 0 ·