question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Cerbo and LCD GX

Setting up a new system. Ordered a Cerbo/Touch 50 and Easysolar. Dealer tells me the Easysolar 48/5000 is only currently available in the Mk Ii versíon with built in GX device. I need the Cerbo for the screen and extra inputs. I didn't find any documentation saying it can or cannot be done.

Can these run together? If not, can the LCD GX be disabled?

cerbo gxEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You have to open up the EasySolar GX an disconnect the GX module (VE.Bus and power supply).

btw you would have the same problem with the old EasySolar because that have a Color Control build-in.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks. Was thinking the colour control in the old model wasn't the GX.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I'm not sure if it's the one bolted to the case on the left, or the one in the middle at the other end of the VE.bus cable. Please identify the card for me. Thanks.

@Matthias Lange - DE

img-20230710-094509.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The GX module is the PCB on the left. It has the VE.direct, VE.Can, VE.Bus and Ethernet connections.

There is also an internally VE.direct connection from the MPPT to the GX module and also the LCD is connected to it.

@kevgermany
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks @Matthias Lange - DE . Really helpful.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE

There's a short internal RJ45 cable going to a PCB on the right. I think I need to take this to the Cerbo with a longer cable. VE.bus or VE.can?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@kevgermany Disconnect the internal RJ45 cable and use the "external" VE.Bus ports (L) to connect the MultiPlus to an external GX device.

1646c57e05834c.png

1 Like 1 ·
1646c57e05834c.png (249.9 KiB)
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Thanks @Matthias Lange - DE

I've really messed up here. Disconnecting the GX power supply there was a spark and pop. Now I can't get the multiplus to turn on. Guess it's a dealer job.

Hope you can imagine me kicking my backside and eating crow pie at the same time.

2 |3000