question

delt127 avatar image
delt127 asked

BMV stuck at "bt200" after update

I installed the BMV-712 and it worked perfectly for two day while not using the Bluetooth feature. On day three I downloaded and installed the Victron Connect App on my Samsung S7. When I opened the app for the first time, it connected to the BMV-712 and informed me the BMV-712 needed to be updated. I agreed and the process began.

The installation got to 4-6%, then restarted, Next time it got to approximately 11% then restarted. This happened several more times, with the highest percentage being around 80%. Unfortunately, it eventually failed. I then looked at the BMV-712 display, and it read "bt200".

I then tried the following:

1. Try #1

a. Uninstalled Victron Connect App from Samsung S7

b. Reinstalled Victron Connect App onto Samsung S7

c. Connected to BMV-712, but no info on Victron Connect App or on BMV-712 (i.e. still read "bt200")

2. Try #2

a. Uninstalled Victron Connect App from Samsung S7

b. Delete bluetooth data and cache from Samsung S7

c. Reinstalled Victron Connect App onto Samsung S7

d. Connected to BMV-712, but no info on Victron Connect App or on BMV-712 (i.e. still read "bt200")

3. Try #3 ... repeated Try #2 (after unplugging BMV-712 for 10 minutes)

4. Try #4

a. Turned off Bluetooth on Samsung S7

b. Installed Victron Connect App onto Apple iPad

c. Connected to BMV-712, but no info on Victron Connect App or on BMV-712 (i.e. still read "bt200")

5. Try #5

a. Uninstalled Victron Connect App from Apple iPad

b. Reinstalled Victron Connect App onto Apple iPad

6. Try #6 ... repeated Try #5 (after unplugging BMV-712 cable for 10 minutes)

7. Try #7 ... repeated Try #5 (after unplugging BMV-712 cable for 10 minutes AND resetting BMV-712 -- "Setup + Select" for 3 seconds)

8. Try #8

a. Turned off bluetooth on Apple iPad

b. Installed Victron Connect App on Macbook Pro

9. Try #9 ... repeated Try #8 (after unplugging BMV-712 cable for 10 minutes AND resetting BMV-712 -- "Setup + Select" for 3 seconds)

All attempts were within 2 feet of the BMV-712. I have wasted a lot of time trying to get this to work. I have no more ideas. Please help.

I have the Service Report files from all three methods (Samsung S7, Apple iPad, and Apple Macbook Pro) if needed.

BMV Battery Monitorfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @delt127, I’m sorry that you are having such troubles. I’ll send you an email from our support desk, to figure this out.

Great that you have those service reports, it will help.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomasel avatar image thomasel commented ·

Hi

Was this issue solved? i just had the exact same issue. have completed all the same steps to try and rectify the problem. Its trying to update to frimware 4.1. Gets to 6% restarts gets to 50% restarts then just fails

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, to close the loop: this was due to a bug, introduced in VictronConnect v5.5.

Solved with todays v5.6 release. Thank you @delt127 for alerting and the nice punctual and complete reports and replies.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic