question

bunya-solar-pl avatar image
bunya-solar-pl asked

VE.Bus System [275] - Low battery: Alarm, No inverter restart.

Hello.

Had a client run their system battery down to the shut down limit. The next day the solar charged the battery back up to 97% but inverter did not start producing power again until it was finally turned off then back on. Is this normal? Why would the inverter not restart after the battery had recharged?

Easy Solar II 48V 5kVA

BYD LVS 12kWhr

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Bunya Solar PL

No that is not normal.

The systen should restart at the level (either dc voltage or SOC) set on the inverter tab when it was programmed.

Did you use the recommended set up values?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bunya-solar-pl answered ·

Hi Alexandra.

Thanks for the answer. Yes I used all the values from that dicument to set up the system origially and it's been running fine for around 6 months. This is the first time the clients accidently ran it down to shutdown SOC - 10%. Should have turned back on at 15% but did not.

Also - inverter ignored generator input during this time so they could not recharge that way either. Eventually the sun recharged the battery to near 100% and at this stage I asked them to turn the inverter off - wait 20 seconds - then turn it back on. This cleared the fault and all working as normal and once again accepting generator input.

I plugged laptop in when I was able to get there and could find no settings that had changed or were odd. BYD firmware was already at latest version and all Victron gear was updated at install time.

2 |3000

Forgot to mention that the system is online if you want to look at it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Were there many attampts to connect to and synchronise with the generator?

What I have seen sometimes is if there are too many connect/disconnect cylces, the inverter goes into a fault state (seen on the tile on the GX) and will not switch on again until either the front rocker switch is used or the switched off and on again through the GX (if it is powered up with an internet connection).

Keep an eye on it for now and see how you go from here.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks Alexandra.

I might get out to this install and run the system down and try it again to see what happens.

Generator usually connects fairly quickly but it is an older model so maybe on the way out.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic