question

xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs asked

ET112 reset Energy Bought

I have added a ET112 to my campers setup so I can measure consumed energy when on a pay connection.

What I would like to do is be able to reset the 'Energy Bought' back to zero when I hook up to a new supply. I believe this is possible through the Carlo Gavazzi UCS software but I hope to reset the ET112 counter from Node-Red over RS485.

I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has managed this so I don't re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Energy MeterNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kaz911 avatar image
kaz911 answered ·

Hi did you find a way to reset?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xsilvergs avatar image xsilvergs commented ·
No, I just do a bit of maths while storing values in a text file.
0 Likes 0 ·
kaz911 avatar image kaz911 xsilvergs commented ·
thanks ! :)

Once I have the ET/EM installed I'll check if something is possible in NodeRed.

1 Like 1 ·
drumfire avatar image
drumfire answered ·

Hi,

I tried resetting the device using the Gavazzi UCS software but the total energy counter reset fails (returns an error). I discovered that my EM112 has the "PF" option in the model code, this means it is "MID" certified. The Gavazzi "EM100 Series and ET100 Series COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL" doc states:
> .... Reset of total energy meters (only for non-MID versions, X option)

That's why the command returns the error.

1 comment
2 |3000

kaz911 avatar image kaz911 commented ·
Thanks - I think mine are the X option. So once installed I'll try :)
0 Likes 0 ·