question

saboken avatar image
saboken asked

Lynx shunt V.E Can. Not showing in Victron Connect App?

I just swapped my 500a Smart Shunt for a Lynx shunt. I made all the connections To the Can with a good Ethernet cable. I was able to configure it in My Cerbo GX 50, but am I supposed to be able to see it in the Connect App like the smart shunt? The Cerbo definitely sees it and its reporting properly to the Cerbo GX. I have it connected to the Lynx distributor - the RJ cable ( I didn't get one with the distributer working on a replacement) I don't think this should affect it showing in the app. Attached is a screenshot of what I can see - the Shunt. The solar controller crossed off in red is not mine it's someone close to my camper. Just trying to figure if it's a missing feature in the Lynx shunt? I know it doesn't have BT connection I thought it would still give me data in the app thru the Can network.

screenshot-20221111-212135.png

VE.Canlynx shuntlynx distributor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @saboken you won’t see it in the ‘local’ list because it doesn’t support Bluetooth. Instead click on the ‘VRM’ tab and then the Cerbo followed by devices. Also make sure you have the latest version of VicyronConnect and VenusOS. I hope that helps.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saboken avatar image saboken commented ·
Thanks the Shunt and Solar controler need Firmware updates I'll do it tomorrow because I know it sometimes changes settings to default. Not sure if the Shunt does this but the controler does change the voltage settings I did the last update.
0 Likes 0 ·
saboken avatar image
saboken answered ·

I found it in the app. It's under VRM then devices. I was able to get into it's settings and adjust the shunt properly it's a little slow to load but it's settings are accessible through the appscreenshot-20221114-021300.png screenshot-20221114-021231.png

screenshot-20221114-020916.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Lynx Distributor product page

Lynx Power In product page

Lynx Shunt VE.Can product page

Lynx Smart BMS product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic