question

scraggs avatar image
scraggs asked

Multiplus 2 48v equalisation voltage

Hi all
I have set up my absorption and float voltages on my Multiplus 2 48/8000/110, however it will not allow me to set the equalisation voltage and it tells me using the traction battery preset that the system can get to 68V, my battery supplier has said they should be taken to 62V.
Is there any other way to set the equalisation voltage, I know you can adjust it if it was an MPPT ?

equalisation
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
What are you using to configure the multi?
0 Likes 0 ·
scraggs avatar image scraggs kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Hi

Using VE config

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
jodi5d avatar image
jodi5d answered ·

Traction batteries require regular additional charging. In the equalisation mode, the MultiPlus-II will charge with increased voltage for one hour (1V above the absorption voltage for a 12V battery, 2V for a 24V battery). The charging current is then limited to 1/4 of the set value. The ‘bulk’ and ‘absorption’ LEDs flash intermittently.

Thanks for ACCEPTED ANSWER

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scraggs avatar image scraggs commented ·
Many thanks.

Not sure how I missed that in the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
scraggs avatar image
scraggs answered ·

Having searched further in to this it appears I am not alone in having this issue.
Seems like we are stuck with the equalisation voltage that Victron gives us if using a Multiplus 2, which is a bit lame when it is considerably different to the manufacturers settings.

4 comments
2 |3000

I'm trying to find out more. No sucess so far.

1 Like 1 ·

It's a shame the charger on the multiplus2 doesn't have the same options as the MPPT's.

I wonder if there is a particular reason for that.
It was probably this below that threw me if you look at the voltage for a 12v system, times it by 4 and you end up with 68V, a popup warns about the voltage getting up to 68V during equalization.
screenshot-41.png

0 Likes 0 ·
screenshot-41.png (215.0 KiB)
Are you sure about the equalisation voltage the batteries should have?
0 Likes 0 ·

The equalisation voltage is what the supplier has told me at 62V.I think I may have sorted this now, what was posted above, I am assuming that if it's 1v above absorption voltage for 12v system, 2v above absorption voltage for 24v system, then I assume it will be 4v above absorption for a 48v system, if that is the case then it will put the equalisation voltage pretty spot on to where it should be.
That said according to my shunt we only got up to 60.5v yesterday.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic