question

tr0y avatar image
tr0y asked

Multi 24/3000 Bulk and Absorption lights constantly blink. Not Trying Equalization

Victron Nube here, familiar with OTG and Inverters.
As the title states my Bulk and Absorption are constantly blinking yellow. In the manual it is stated that this is

"The mains voltage is switched through and the charger operates in equalize mode."

I have not requested an Equalize charge, I turned off that function via software.

Has anyone seen this ?

Links to Photos of System with Video - Click here for Google Gallery

I have pasted my config file below >

TAB: General
System frequency    60Hz
Shore current    8.0    A
Overruled by remote    checked
Dynamic current limiter    unchecked
State of charge when Bulk finished    95.0    %
Battery capacity    230    Ah
Charge efficiency    0.95    
TAB: Grid
Country / grid code standard    None:               (feeding energy from DC to grid not allowed)
Accept wide input frequency range (45-65 Hz)    checked
AC low switch mains off    94    V
AC low switch mains on    101    V
AC high switch mains on    138    V
AC high switch mains off    143    V
UPS function    checked
TAB: Inverter
PowerAssist    checked
Assist current boost factor    2.0    
Inverter output voltage    120    V
Ground relay    checked
Inverter DC shut-down voltage    18.60    V
Inverter DC restart voltage    21.80    V
Low DC alarm level    21.80    V
enable AES    unchecked
TAB: Charger
Enable charger    checked
Weak AC input    unchecked
Stop after excessive bulk    unchecked
Lithium batteries    unchecked
Storage mode    unchecked
Use equalization (tubular plate traction battery curve)    unchecked
Charge curve    Fixed
Absorption voltage    24.40    V
Float voltage    24.40    V
Charge current    8    A
Repeated absorption time    1.00    Hr
Repeated absorption interval    7.00    Days
Absorption time    1    Hr
TAB: Virtual switch
TAB: Usage
Virtual switch usage    Do not use VS
TAB: Assistants
TAB: Assistant Configuration
Assistants not used

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi troy

I have looked up the Victron tool kit app and It shows that the issue is Voltage sense error

Also I would sugest that you install the latest firmware as well

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tr0y avatar image tr0y commented ·

Thank you !

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

It's measuring 0v DC, but still inverting. check wiring (voltage sense input used for something else?) and as Paul says: update to latest firmware if not yet done.

1 comment
2 |3000

tr0y avatar image tr0y commented ·

Thank You !

0 Likes 0 ·
tr0y avatar image
tr0y answered ·

After speaking with my reseller support, it is my understanding that the voltage sense cable that Victron shows in the documentation, doesn't actually exist for sale and I should make one from 18g speaker wire, somewhat unimpressed. I am waiting on correct wire ends / terminators to do so and will report findings back. Beginning to feel nickel and dimed to death. Really want to like this product...

3 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

The unit should work just fine without the sense-wire, but somehow it doesn't so my thought was there might be something else connected to the sense-input. (like the temperature sensor)

Do you have pictures of the install / wiring?

0 Likes 0 ·
tr0y avatar image tr0y boekel ♦ commented ·

There is nothing connected to the port in question. I do have a temp sensor connected to the temp port. I will try and get a picture as it requires removing covers and getting into a very tight space next to the inverter. It does seem odd to me that this would be a required sensor and Victron does not even sell it. Victron does show it in the documentation but when you try to buy it, word from Victron is use speaker wire and make your own DIY sensor.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ tr0y commented ·

'Voltage sense' is not a sensor but a wire that connects to the battery terminals to measure actual battery voltage. please don't forget to use a fuse in the positive wire.

The unit will work without problems without it, but it is a good safety measure.

If there really is nothing connected to the terminal there is something wrong with the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic