question

hastings avatar image
hastings asked

Temperature compensation settin

I am having difficulty interpreting the user manual temperature compensation settings for my Rolls S12 AGM battery bank: 8x 12V batteries (divided into 2x 48V banks). They are charged (solar and generator only) via an EasySolar which is connected to a battery temp sensor.

The manual states:

rolls-temp-compensation.png

Am I right to understand that the table above is for use in a setup that needs to be adjusted manually according to fluctuations in the battery temperature?

So I think I should be going by the "NOTE:..." paragraph and the text in bold rather than the highlighted column in the table.

I do not know the number of "cells" I have and should use in the 4mV/C/Cell calculation.

In Victron Connect the setting I am using (a Victron Gel preset) is currently -64.80mV per C. This is for the whole battery bank. Do I alter this to -96mV for the Rolls?

Very grateful for any help.

temperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Do I alter this to -96mV for the Rolls?

If you have a 48v battery, yes. Don't forget the minus symbol when entering the value in.

The pink highlighted column also gives Rolls' recommended Bulk-Absorb and Float setpoints for your charger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic