question

nilres avatar image
nilres asked

Adjust battery discharge to live consumption

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the world of solar energy. Currently I have a basic setup with a 600W inverter and a couple of panels feeding the inverter. The inverter is feeding into my house and the excess into the grid.

I know think about an expansion of the system with a battery storage. Using an Mppt charge controller to charge the battery and hook up the inverter to the battery. I would like to limit the inverter to the demand that my house has. Unfortunately the inverter does not offer such capability and finding one that does comes at a high price. And the availibility is also really bad right now.

So my idea was to install a ET340 and then have some sort of regulator in between the battery and the inverter. I know that this control loop will never be perfect but I don't care too much about a couple of Watts feeding into the grid. I just want to prevent the inverter to drain my battery with 600W while I only consume 200W or so.

Has anyone any idea of a device that I could plug inbetween the battery and the inverter that could form such a control loop together with an ET340 and maybe a Cerbo GX?

Regards,
Nils

feed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic