question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

How to limit feed in power?

I am trying to limit feed in power but with no success.

When I set limit to 0W or any other value:

screen-shot-2022-06-16-at-114342-am.png

System ignores the setting:

screen-shot-2022-06-16-at-114402-am.png

What I am doing wrong?

feed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @MarekP,

My first guess would be the Fronius inverter is not prioritising the reduce output messages sent by the GX device - I would double check the configuration on the Fronius Inverter.

The specific instructions are here -

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/configuration.html#UUID-634c2829-76e8-4e0a-522b-32bbe2cd1c92

Perhaps post a screenshot of those settings as you see them if you believe they are correct.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Your guess was correct.

The setting were not correct. I assume they were at default.

My installer probably never touched them.

Good think he gave my the service password. :)

Thank you for a quick response to my question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the follow up - now I’ll have to update the manual because it says that it should work if it says grid feed in is enabled, but it appears it doesn’t check for that setting (it does for firmware versions etc).
0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I just remembered something.

"Feed limit active" was "Yes" only when "DC-coupled PV - feed on excess" was on.

When I turned "DC-coupled PV - feed on excess" OFF the "Feed limit active" was "No".

I cannot test it now because I do not remember the Fronius settings before I changed them.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic