question

alan avatar image
alan asked

Apple watch app and new VRM app?

Probably not a huge priority for you guys, but could you please make an apple watch app for the VRM app?

I also remember reading about a new vrm app, is this still in the works?

VRM
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

averynarrowjourney avatar image averynarrowjourney commented ·

Yes I endorse this request, might sound silly but it would be very useful.... moving with the rest of technology please

0 Likes 0 ·
hoekrichard avatar image hoekrichard commented ·
That would really great
0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
mediacut avatar image
mediacut answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The new VRM app has now been released and should be available in the app stores.

I don’t know of any plans for a Victron watch app, but one user has already created one themselves -

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1159/monitor-ess-in-realtime-using-smartwatches-and-ard.html

6 comments
2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented ·
What "new" VRM app?

Why are we reading this from community forum, if you happen to stumble it in comments? I follow Victron Energy in Twitter and there is just usual noise, nothing about new VRM app. Where are the release notes?

0 Likes 0 ·
houser avatar image houser Juha Tuomala commented ·
Just a new version that adds iOS widgets.
0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala houser commented ·
Okay, any idea how those are used / added?
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Juha Tuomala commented ·

More info here - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/152446/new-home-screen-widgets-feature-for-vrm-app-on-you.html

There will be updates info via the other social media channels in the coming days - but this community is the cutting edge of new announcements :)

1 Like 1 ·
houser avatar image houser Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy,

Greetings from the bleeding edge commmunity ;-)
Just a quick word that the iOS widgets work great and look very nice on latest iOS16 beta. Kudos for those. Very, very useful.
If watch companion functionality can be added in the VRM app, or widgets and complications, that would also be very useful FWIW.

Many thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Again, I missed your answer when you did not add @Juha Tuomala.

This time I add your's and you get notification @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

0 Likes 0 ·
c2519028 avatar image
c2519028 answered ·

This is not for the Apple watch as the OP did ask for.

2 |3000

houser avatar image
houser answered ·

Edit, this is broken with the latest version of Venus OS that moved the NR url to https.

Finally found the time to spend some time with this today. A local url via a shortcut works quite well with a small Node Red control panel. FWIW the small panel below opens local in approx.10 secs. via a shortcut complication. The remote path via the VRM still throws errors but for local usage this is really quite useful.

The blue Node Red titlebar can only be removed for the entire site, but that is a workaround too I guess. Some 3d party browsers can do "kiosk mode" with no title or adress bars which of course also free up space for another row or two. Seeing the new iPhone VRM widgets, I am also curious if Victron will add a companion Watch app to the current VRM app and add widgets or complications that can be shown on the Apple Watch. Would certainly be very cool and useful.

screenshot-2022-08-31-at-093441.png

2 |3000

elektrowolf avatar image
elektrowolf answered ·

Maybe it is posible to get the SOC to a Watchface.

2 |3000