question

linesrg avatar image
linesrg asked

Using PylonTech based battery system alongside a Tesla PW2

Good Morning All,

I currently have a 10.7kW Solar PV system with a SolarEdge 10000H inverter and a Tesla PW2. I am limited to an export rate of 7.4kW.

I want to add 4 x PylonTech US5000 batteries and the likes of a MultiPlus-11 48/5000/70-50 device to give me more battery capacity to help offset the costs of running my CTC GSi12 GSHP.

I sent an EM to both Phillip Gordon and Nigel Vincent at the start of the week and have not yet received a reply so may have to phone????????

The question is how can I safely integrate such an addition with the existing PW2 - it must be possible.

There doesn't appear to be a previous posting on this or one that got a viable answer.

I can make substantial savings by doing this via charging the batteries on Octopus Go or Economy 7.

Regards

Richard

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I think the challenge here is finding someone who can answer for the Tesla setup.
The Victron sales managers and people on this community would not necessarily know anything about how a Tesla Power Wall works and its configuration.
I'm pretty sure what you want to do is possible, but you might need to get a Tesla installer and a Victron installer together to share knowledge as a team and come up with a plan.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

linesrg avatar image
linesrg answered ·

@WKirby - I strongly suspect you're correct. The challenge at any time would be getting a PW2 installer to entertain the idea - the one I used simply refuses to answer my EMs on the subject and I can't see A.N.Other expending time answering a query from me if sent.

Given all PW installers seem to be run off their feet at this time the probability of getting an answer is slim to non-existent (although given the slow supply of the PW2's........).

I had hoped that as potential Victron customer some answer might have been forthcoming even if it had been 'We don't know'!

Regards

Richard

2 |3000