cassiopeia avatar image
cassiopeia asked

Low voltage light - MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50-230V

System (installed on sailboat):

MultiPlus 12/3000/12/50-230V
Lithionics 550Ahr LiFePo4 battery
Victron Multi Control for turning on the inverter

Problem:

Over the last week we've had 2 instances where flipping the toggle switch on the Multi Control to turn on the inverter we get the solid red low battery light and the inverter won't turn on. This occurred today at 12.9V, and a few days ago at what I assume was a lower voltage (I didn't check the reading--battery was at 235 Ahr).

Today, when this happened (12.9V), I started the engine to engage the alternator to charge the battery (wife needed morning coffee!! and the solar hadn't started charging). As soon as the alternator began pumping 100 Ahr into the battery, we tried turning on the inverter and it came on, and stayed on when I shut-off the engine. The Low Battery LED is flashing red, there is about a 5 Ahr draw on the inverter. Battery is still at 12.9V.

My understanding of the tech specs are that the input voltage range is 9.5-17 V DC, so I don't understand why this started happening.

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's a low battery voltage alarm in the Multiplus. It can be adjusted. You'll need a Mk3 USB adapter and a laptop with Victron software. Probably easier for you to get to a dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic