question

andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image
andreas-ziegenfeldt asked

Is it possible to turn off battery function on Multiplus-II?

I have installed Multiplus-II 48/5000/70 in a three phase setup while I’m awaiting the delivery of the batteries. Now the AC out turns off and on periodically and I believe it’s because there’s no battery connected.

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It is not designed to run without a battery and it is completely unsupported. Wait until your batteries arrive.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
To add on, it will be because the system is trying to power assist using the batteries.... So yeah... Not working well.

Bypass and switch off.

0 Likes 0 ·
andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·
Ok, but it should be possible if it’s needed. Maybe you need to do some work on the batteries for example.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·

All Victron products are designed to run with a battery. If you need to do work on the battery you have to switch off the Victron system and switch the loads with a bypass switch directly to the grid.

1 Like 1 ·
andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image andreas-ziegenfeldt Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Ok so just a relay that moves the loads from the output to the input side instead?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·
Or a manual switch
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic