question

allswell avatar image
allswell asked

Connecting Benchmark 11,500w Generator to Cerbo GX for auto Start/Stop

I have the Benchmark remote start 11,500w generator and need to connect the auto start/stop to the Cerbo GX. I have never connected a generator to an inverter or Cerbo. I have the wiring schematic so I need to know which wires to connect to which area on the Cerbo GX to get this to work.

Do I need to purchase a relay to wire it to, like in the attached graphic, or can I do it just with the wires from my generator?

Please can anyone advise?screen-shot-2022-10-28-at-93638-am.pngscreen-shot-2022-10-28-at-92541-am.pngscreen-shot-2022-10-28-at-93348-am.png

Generatorgenerator auto startstarting generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

There is NO cut and dried answer here. the cerbo relay has a NO Com NC relay1 output for the gen autostart, the cerbo eighter closes or open a contact, (MAX 1 amp) on command from the cerbo auto start system

its upto you to work out the connections or ask the generator supplier.

all I could suggest is to work out how the remotes on off start buttons work and activate them using a relay

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

allswell avatar image
allswell answered ·

Thanks Paul for your contribution.

This guy did it on youtube running two relays. I've ordered them and will be giving it a try. What are your thoughts on this approach? Yes, I've enquired of the generator supplier but I haven't heard back yet which wires are which! Sure would make it easier!

Thanks again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--VUa8OPI4

2 |3000