question

J Richards avatar image
J Richards asked

Whisper Generator 'OVER DC BUS' fault message not in the manual

I'm not sure how to ask my question.

I have this equipment, installed by the boat builder:

1. Victron Energy Blue Power MultiPlus 12 VOLT 3000 VA 120 AMP charger inverter.
  2. MPPT Solar Charge Controller.
  3. Whisper Power Belt Driven Generator W-BD 3.5.
  4. The boat has a 47 HP Beta marine engine and two solar panels on the roof.

Item 3, the Belt Driven Generator, periodically displays a fault message that is not in the manual:

0V 0.0A 0.0KW OVER DC BUS

It happens when I run a 1600 watt clothes-washing machine. The boat builder told me the system would handle this.

I have asked two marine engineers, who are not sure what's wrong. I don't know the terminology nor the relative importance of things, so I don't know what questions to ask. So my question is very general: "Is this something that needs to be fixed? What do I need to know?"

fault-message.png

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my question is incomplete. I'm doing the best I can. :)

Generatorfaultd-busmarine
fault-message.png (597.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@J Richards

Does this only happen with the washing machine? Is it just doing it on wash cycke where the drum is pulsing one off?

It may be the sudden loads then no load conditon.

The inverter can handle that though, it seem the oicture you show is not a victron component. Is the victron interfaved with that or is it specifically for the Whisper.

0 Likes 0 ·
J Richards avatar image J Richards Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thank you for your response. I think you asked me:

Is the Victron interfaced with that or is it specifically for the Whisper?

The photo is of the Whisper Power Belt Generator display. I don't know if or how the three units are connected, but I assume they would be.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Best to get the installer to sort it out or contact whisper Gen to help you re there generators error code

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic