question

JohnC avatar image
JohnC asked

Thank You, VRM Devs for the improved generator dashboard

Just wanted to express my appreciation for the addition of 'Generator' metrics to the Historical Data. I've been vocal before (mildly, hey) about what was there before, but now we have this..

1666771938411.png

Just those little white bars make all the difference to a chart that was essentially useless to me before they recently arrived. So wanted to say it's noticed, and appreciated. (winter is miserable).

Perfection still elusive though.. I don't have 'Grid', and haven't selected it anywhere, so mention of it (even with zeros) is taking up space.

Nice that Gen runtime also makes it into the 'Hours of AC in' on a daily basis (VEBus widget), but this figure eludes me..

1666773105692.pngI'm sure it's being addressed, just a reminder, hey.

We're never satisfied of course, but your work is noticed. Love my VRM. Thank you.

VRM
1666771938411.png (47.6 KiB)
1666773105692.png (3.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

Perfection still elusive though.. I don't have 'Grid', and haven't selected it anywhere, so mention of it (even with zeros) is taking up space

Yep completely agree - please make it selectable... :)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks @JohnC - There are indeed more improvements coming to the dashboard for those with generators and shore power supplies, this change was just the lowest of the hanging fruit though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @JohnC

We have just launched an additional improvement to VRM generator history display.

vrm-generator-historical-usage.jpg

There are still improvements in the pipeline for generator runtime display - which will require a GX device firmware update.

1 comment
2 |3000

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

There are still improvements in the pipeline for generator runtime display - which will require a GX device firmware update.

...and wind turbine please...

0 Likes 0 ·