question

xury avatar image
xury asked

I need more detailed factor 1:0 rule explanation.

If I have 3x Multiplus in a three-phase system, the factor 1: 0 rule I calculate 3x5000VA = 15000VA = max inverter power is 15000Wp?

Or for one Muliplus has 5000VA so max power is 5000Wp?

ESSFronius3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@xury

Max inverting power is 5000VA per phase. If you have 10kVa load on one phase it will show an overload on that one phase.

You will have a total of 15kVa inverting power, so that figure is what you use for battery bank sizing.

Beware that watts and kva are not the same thing. And power factor can affect the output and overload warnings as well.

The factor of 1:1 is for AC PV inverters. So in your case one that fies 5000VA per phase.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xury avatar image
xury answered ·

Thank you Alexandra. So if I have 10k Fronius inverter is about 3.3k per phase and should be OK? Battery capacity should be 4,8kWh per 1,5kWp AC PV power. My battery is 10kWh so I know that is not enough. Should be about 30kWh.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
If the Fronius is the three phase model then yes.

Your battery bank needs to be able to support at least a 312.5A continuous rating (not peak) absolute minimum.

Most compatible batteries have a victron associated webpage so will give minimum sizing there for the system you are looking at.

0 Likes 0 ·