question

Gerhard avatar image
Gerhard asked

Low battery alarm on ve bus system

I have a system with 2 x 10kva quattro's in parallel and 60kWh battery and about 20kW solar pannels with 2 x smartsolar 250/100 and 1 x smartsolar rs 450/200.

Imgettinglow battery alarms on different soc. Sometimes 40% sometimes 20%. The battery voltage is stillabove the low battery alarm setting. If there is no grid the system shuts down above 52v even though shut down voltage is 47v.

The alarm comes every view seconds so its a lot of alarms.

Today the battery voltage went down to 51.5v at 20%SOC no alarm when the battery started charging the errors started at 52.2v.

Checked all connections, battery coms is fine.

See all settings below.

DC Low Shutdown 47v

DCInputlow restart 51v

DC Low pre alarm 50v

SOC Low shutdown 10%

SOC low Restart 20%

Charging voltage 55.8v

ESS Settings

Sustain Voltage50v

Dynamic cutoff

0.005c 48v

0.25c 47.8v

0.7c 47.2v

2c 46.8v

All settings supplied by battery manufacturer.

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Gerhard avatar image
Gerhard answered ·

Thanks just checked that. No issues battery voltage didn't go below 51.5v

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

What battery are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gerhard

Download the CSV data under advanced and have a look there to see what is going on. With ve bus voltage there.

Sometimes the battery disconnects and connects without reporting anything to the GX device.

2 comments
2 |3000

Gerhard avatar image Gerhard commented ·
I just noticed the discharge current limit on the battery goes to almost zero so looks like its battery related.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Gerhard commented ·
That is interesting.
0 Likes 0 ·
danielmar90 avatar image
danielmar90 answered ·

I have exactly same problem. I've updated my quattro to the latest firmware and my inverter is turning off when battery still have 30%. My battery SOC monitoring in quattro is turned off and AC input based on voltage. It is set that AC should be on at 51V but Low battery is showing up when battery has 52.3V sometimes 51.8V. all works fine for a few months and now this :(

Is here anyone who can help ?

2 |3000

gijsvm avatar image
gijsvm answered ·

I have same problem too, i get low battery voltage alarm with 53,2V and alarm setting is 48V.
It come a few times a day. No idea why !?

2 |3000

Mark Anderson avatar image
Mark Anderson answered ·

I have same problem. Cutoff is set to 47, measure 52.6 at quattro (Sig Soler EG4).

Shocked at how bad this is. First Quattro won't even start when canbus is connected to cerbo and now this

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic