question

juan-perez avatar image
juan-perez asked

Connect a generator or electrical grid with the same Multiplus 2 configuration.

Hi

Is it possible to connect a grid or a generator with the same configuration in a Multiplus 2 as input? (not at the same time).

Context: In different periods I want to connect the electric grid or an external generator, without having to configure my multiplus, because I am not buying a GX device (I know that is possible to configure using the VRM access). I want to use only once an Interface MK3-USB.

My dc system will be always be fixed (PV and battery)

Multiplus-IIGeneratorgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Juan Perezas

As long as you don't set a grid code (most do this to use ESS) you can have one that fits all. And it is the default feeding from DC to grid is not allowed.

Otherwise a grid code change requires a password.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xavier-64 avatar image
xavier-64 answered ·

Hello, I just update my system with the following @Kevin Windrem 's ExtTransferSwitch mod on @derrick thomas recommandation.

So In your case you will preset "the two case" you can have (on grid or on generator) without the need to manually setup them each time !

It works nicely !! You just need to do some pre-tuning with your GX (Cerbo or Venus) device and some command line !

Xavier.

2 |3000

iand avatar image
iand answered ·

You need to 100% guarantee that both AC sources can never be connected together, either with a manual break-before-make DPDT changeover switch or an ATS (automatic transfer switch) -- in which case you can use the setup described above.

2 |3000