question

John Rushworth avatar image
John Rushworth asked

Lynx Ion + Shunt Error #24

My friend is at sea and is getting this error per screenshot. I have checked the manual but see no ref to #24 Any idea what the issue is?

lynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wilcop85 avatar image
wilcop85 answered ·

@John Rushworth I assume that there are LFP180 batteries connected to the Lynx Ion plus Shunt?
If so, there is a problem with the balancing, a battery is not receiving balance power by the CAN-bus cable(60V) or inside the battery a fuse is defect.
If the battery contains the latest software then a LED on the battery will start blinking 2 times.
- Blinking 2 times, there is a fuse defect;
- invers blinking 2 times, there is no balance power received by CAN-bus cable(60V)
(invers blinking: LED is constant on and go's off x times)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

John Rushworth avatar image John Rushworth ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks. They are the 180s here. https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Lithium-ion-and-Lynx-Ion-EN.pdf

I didn’t think there were LEDs on the battery itself but I shall pass the info on. Where did you find that info as the manual shows no error #24?

0 Likes 0 ·
wilcop85 avatar image wilcop85 John Rushworth ♦♦ commented ·

I have found this information from the source code, think this error has been implemented later on and is not updated in the manual.
Note, it's not an error but warning. This system will still be operating. Warnings are on my wishlist to implement but time en priority are the limits.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Rushworth avatar image John Rushworth ♦♦ wilcop85 commented ·

Thanks. Will pass on. They have now been sent a new shunt as it failed, so all working with the new one now. Firmware v2.03. Failed shunt was v1.25 as I recall.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic