question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Charge Current Limit Setting on GX

Hi

I have a setup where I have a three phase system with Quattros.
On AC-1-in there is the grid connected and on AC-2-in there is a 8kVA generator.

I want to have the generator started in case the grid goes bananas and the SOC of the battery system is or falls below 30%. Due to the limited output of the generator I also have to limit the chagring power to 7A per phase (21A overall).

There is a setting on the GX device when I navigate to the Quattro that is called "Limit Charge Current". Is that supposed to be the per phase value? The overall value (how does it break down to phases)? Can I freely change it down to the needed value? Will the Quattro have t restart?

I also read something about a "Charge Assistant". Is that somehow related?
A lot questions, I know ... sorry.... thanks in advance...

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Good question. I too would like to know now that you brought it up.

I have mine set for 40 amps and now I am unsure how the limiting works.

I found out that during "Feed-In limiting" its a total phase setting (setting to 1200 results in a 600 per phase in my case).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·

"Limit Charge Current" seems to do nothing ... or its by phase, because I set it to 20A and the scheduled charing still pulled 10.000W

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

In DVCC it is a global limit across all devices, it definitely works. However with feed-in enabled it will be ignored.

1 comment
2 |3000

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·

I want to set a limit of AC1 (grid) to 10A per phase and for AC2 (generator) 6A per phase.

Three phase system overall. Guess that means it has to be the charge assistant.

Attached snapshot is from VE.Config from Quattro 1. Guess it means 50A per phase but "overruled by remote" makes me wonder...veconq1.png

0 Likes 0 ·
veconq1.png (35.2 KiB)