question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Starter battery low voltage alarm, maybe I am not understanding the "Notify after" time

I have setup the alarms to monitor my starter battery to alert me when it goes low. Its the timeout value that seems to not work as I thought it would. I don't want to get notified when it drops low for a few seconds during engine start up. I only wanted to be alarmed if its low for a minimum of and hour, 3600 seconds as I have it set to. What am I not understanding about that setting? Is it possible to have it wait the full hour of it being low prior to it alarming? -Bill

lowbattalarm.png

low battery warning
lowbattalarm.png (9.9 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

I use the notify after setting on my water tank level which goes to zero when the water pump runs as the level gauge is a pressure one on the pump inlet. Set for 900 seconds (15 mins) so it does not alarm during a shower when the tank continuously reads empty even if it really is 100%. Therefore it should work for your starter battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill avatar image Bill pwfarnell commented ·
You can see my settings screen shot to wait 1 hour. Alarms in seconds when starting the coach / grid heater turning on. Maybe its a bug with the Starter Battery alarm setting if its really working for your water tank?
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell Bill commented ·
I wonder if 3600 seconds is too long causing an error or being ignored. 900 seconds is the longest delay I have. Try a shorter delay and see if it works.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Martin Keogh avatar image
Martin Keogh answered ·

I also have this problem and have tried various "notify after" times, e.g. 60sec, 120sec, and 3600sec. It seems to me that these changes just delay the actual notification.
This setting does not appear to be designed correctly, as the alarms on starting the engine will always generate nuisance (low voltage) alarms in "normal" engine start conditions.

What we need is the option to "disregard" low voltage alarm if only for a period of "xxx".

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·

Or the delay could be for what a reasonable person would expect it to be used for... I cannot think of a good reason to just delay the alert. (which it doesn't do anyway) :(

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic