question

hias0815 avatar image
hias0815 asked

Cerbo GX deleting or forget settings after reboot

Hello,

i've a Cerbo GX did the Firmwareupdate from 2.89 to 2.91.

Set all my settings and doing a reboot. After the reboot all settings i've done are gone.
I noticed this kind of behavior also befor the update, sometimes (once a month f.e.) the Cerbo just "forgott" the settings and all where on default aggain.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Matthias

cerbo gxVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Benjamin avatar image
Benjamin answered ·

Try to check free space of your cerbo gx (SSH into cerbo and type df).

My /data partition was full and i had the same error as described above. It was not related to OS Version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uarg avatar image
uarg answered ·

@Benjamin thank you very much. It was the data partition which was full with some logs. After deletion and reboot, everything works again.

4 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hey @Uarg , data partitions being full should be normal:

Were you running custom code, or guimods, or Venus OS Large, or something like that?

Or was it just a standard Cerbo with nothing special?

1 Like 1 ·
Benjamin avatar image Benjamin mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Same here. It was a Shelly Script logging to the partition like hell... Maybe victron could check the freespace and give a warning when it is getting full. Makes the finding much easier (in this case...)
1 Like 1 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Benjamin commented ·
Hey both, ok clear - thank you.

Good idea!.

0 Likes 0 ·
uarg avatar image uarg mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello @mvader (Victron Energy) It was a simple pv inverter script fetching data from Solax. So my own fault and I could have figured it out myself. Hopefully this will help others. Perhaps a little disk usage warning would be nice.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Matthias,

Thats not supposed to happen; and also not a known issue or problem.

Could you contact your dealer to get it replaced under warranty?

And please ask them to (as always) include a clear error description when making the RMA, include a link to this post on community and add that I asked for it to be returned for analysis.

Perhaps to make extra sure, please post the serial number here.

Sorry for the troubles!

Thanks! Matthijs

2 |3000

hias0815 avatar image
hias0815 answered ·

Hi Matthijs,

i alos made a small video of the behavior. Like you see, I switched back to 2.89 but now there is also this "bug" after reboot everything is lost.

Serialnumber of Cerbo: HQ2210926XW

I will return it via my dealer.

Regards Matthias

cerbo.mp4 (3.3 MiB)
2 |3000

uarg avatar image
uarg answered ·

Hello,

was there a solution? I have the same Problem. I can change any setting, which will be lost after reboot.

Thank you

Markus

2 |3000