question

slowdown avatar image
slowdown asked

Exchange of Grid- and Load-Terminals at EM24

Hello,
For an ESS with a Multiplus-II, I would like to use an EM24 Energy Sensor. Up to now, an ET340 has been installed in a meter cabinet that is standard in Germany, but it is upside down. Since the electricity from the energy supplier's meter is connected from below to the main line branch terminals in standard meter cabinets. In order to read the display on the EM24 well, I would like to install it in the correct direction. For this, a lot of the wiring would have to be changed. In order to save myself this, the question of whether it is possible to turn the current flow direction in the EM24, so to use terminals 3,6 and 9 to be connected to the mains and terminals 1,4 and 7 against load? Can the sign of the current be inverted in the EM24 or Venus GX?
Thanks a lot! Or is that recognized automatically?
Werner

ESSEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @slowdown, theoretically the software could invert the sign, but it does not; sorry.

And it can’t automatically detect it either.

You’ll have to change the wiring, I see no other way.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

(Or accept that the meter is upside down)

0 Likes 0 ·