question

john-boat avatar image
john-boat asked

Quattro charging at low voltage

I'm a bit lost and need some help.

I have a quattro conected to a mppt 100 30 and cerbo gx and bmv 702 charging lifepo4 batterys with a Batrium BMS controling the Quattro with relays not canbus. Everything works as it should other than the charge voltage is to low. I have set the charge and float values at 28.4 and 27 but the Quatrro charges at 26 volts some times it gets to 26.7 but thats it. It means that the batterys never get a full charge and never go to float, only if I run my engine the alternator make 28.4 volts,

I guess that the connected system some how ignores the values set by me. I have the latest firmware on all the devices I'm not running Dvcc.

Hope someone can help John

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·

is it the "stop Charging' relay that prevents the charge voltage from going higher?

Without DVCC working, the charge current from the Quatro cannot be modified as the battery approaches full charge, thus the balancing can not balance the battery effectively at high charge currents. Under these conditions, you may have one cell approaching max voltage to shut the charge off. With DVCC, the charge current can be regulated down as the battery approaches full charge, allowing the balancing to work.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-boat avatar image john-boat Mike Dorsett commented ·
Hi Mike the high volt relay never closes as the batteries are just sitting there at 26 ish volts I just want to alter the volts to 28.4 I've tried every setting I have control over to no avail.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers