question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.92~2 available for testing

UPDATE: 2022-10-17: v2.92 released officially

UPDATE: 2022-10-13: v2.92~1 released, one fix, a typo. See below comments.

Good evening!

A new version is available for public testing, v2.92~1.

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

The plan with v2.92 is to make it a very short cycle. All changes that we want to include in the official release are already in and have been tested internally.

Two changes, compared to v2.91:

1) Add support for ABB B-series meters, for use in ESS. Three types:

• B21: Single phase meter up to 65A. Same size as the ET112, but it has a small LCD screen.
  • B23: Three phase meter, internal shunt, up to 65A per phase. Same size as the EM24 (70mm wide).
  • B24: Three phase meter, external CTs. Same size as B23. Ratio configurable, up to 1000A per phase.

(see correct model numbers below in the thread, the originally states ones were wrong (!) ).

The ABB meter needs to be set to 38400 baud, no parity. Use a Victron RS485 cable.

These ABB meters have, from point of ESS, the same response times as the CG EM24 meter.

2) Fronius PV Inverter integration: fix a bug that on, very seldomly but still, causes huge spikes of PV power to be logged and show up (mess up) the graphs on the VRM Portal.

Some more details is below.

All the best and have a good night!

Matthijs

What to test?

• That there are no regressions in relation to the other already working meters, like ET112, EM24.
  • That there are no regressions in relation to the monitoring of Fronius PV Inverters, or any other PV Inverter.

How to post an issue?

Please keep all findings organised as answers to this question. One answer per issue. So first check the existing threads. If you have the same as someone else already reported, welcome to add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer. Note that Answers and Comments are two different things!

Lastly, please first revert to the latest official release (v2.89), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir commented ·

hi, I can’t seem to find any info on how to configure the temperature relays. My issue is that there are two temps - activation value and deactivation value. I want to start a pump at a certain temperature (say 25°c) and stop it if the temp falls below 20°c . Hopefully I can add a pic to show you. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0faOqHcGN-7Dk6MdMLWyYkYSA

0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ Richard Weir commented ·

please don't hijack threads, this is about changes for v2.92~1. Please open a new one.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Hopefully you can also correct the typo in /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/tank sensor.js that prevents LPG tanks from having a unique color and results in the error: Unable to assign QString to QColor

The typo is a space after the color number for LPG:

{
        name: qsTr("LPG"),
        icon: "overview-lpg",
        color: "#8e7cc3 "
    },

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Solved @Kevin Windrem , thanks.
1 Like 1 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
Confirmed fixed in v2.92~2
0 Likes 0 ·
pcurtis avatar image
pcurtis answered ·

An odd one. I did a manual check as usual, found 2.92~1 was available and updated. Remote Console fine, set up root password, ssh worked, filezilla worked but nothing on venus.local:1881 or venus.local:1881/ui. Reboot had no effect. Eventually tried to restart node-red by svc -u /service/node-red-venus and found service missing. Went back to Remote Console and it looks as if it had installed a Normal version and had changed to looking for Normal not Large image, Set back to Large, installed and everything back to usual.

I had not deliberately changed to look for a Normal image and it has never changed in the past during an update check and I can not see how I can have done it accidentally. I can not go back and check as 2.91 backup has been overwritten.

Pi 4B v1.50 2 Gbytes 2 Ruuvi and 6 relay outputs

2 comments
2 |3000

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

That it is indeed odd and not reproducible. v2.92~2 is now in candidate, so it can be checked. Make sure the option in the firmware menu is set to large. The only difference in v2.92~2 is the space in the color as reported by @Kevin Windrem .

0 Likes 0 ·
pcurtis avatar image pcurtis jeroen ♦ commented ·
@Jeroen Option was still set to Large and update was to Large as it should be. No idea what happened last time - best to put it down to a finger problem unless it happens to someone else.
1 Like 1 ·
erthyp avatar image
erthyp answered ·

Hi,

Regarding ABB document 0900766b8125d088.pdf (rs-online.com) , i think it was a mistake with ref

B21 2CMA100149R1000 and B24 2CMA100177R1000 dont have RS845 interface.

This update will only support the Steel version with RS485 ?

or could you support Bronze and Silver version with RS485?

I wait by a long time you support 2CMA100152R1000 for connect my daikin installation with victronenergy

6 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes that was wrong indeed. Here are the good ones:

B21: 2CMA100150R1000 (2CMA100155R1000 for Bronze or Silver)

B23: 2CMA100164R1000 (2CMA100169R1000 for Bronze or Silver)

B24: 2CMA100178R1000 (2CMA100180R1000 for Bronze or Silver)

thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I shared the first announcement far and wide. I'm not clear on what the implications of the above are on that. Should we not be procuring the model indicated in the initial support annoucement?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Hi Warwick, I some of the model numbers in the first version don’t feature RS485. My apologies for the confusion, not good!

0 Likes 0 ·
mucmak avatar image mucmak mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry, I am confused, still.

Are all of these Versions working?:

2CMA100178R1000 2CMA100180R1000 and 2CMA100183R1000 ?

It would be nice to reflect all working versions in the official meter selection guide...

0 Likes 0 ·
mucmak avatar image mucmak Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thx a lot! Months of pain of hunting for a EM24DINAV53DISX made me rather thin skinned. It's great news to have an alternative!

0 Likes 0 ·
gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered ·

Is there any way to get the Mopeka sensors to display their temperature in °F if that is what is set up to be the preferred units?

4 comments
2 |3000

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

please don't hijack threads. Open your own issue if it doesn't exists yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
gainestr avatar image gainestr jeroen ♦ commented ·
Venus OS v2.90 added support for Mopeka sensors. Those sensors display tank temperatures as °C instead of °F even though preferred units are set as °F in the OS. Please tell my why this isn’t relevant information in this thread since previous version threads are closed for comment. If an issue is found in this release, it should be reported here.
0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ gainestr commented ·

because this thread is about testing v2.92~2, not about v2.90.

0 Likes 0 ·
gainestr avatar image gainestr jeroen ♦ commented ·

Ok, Sorry, its broke in v2.92~2 as well then. Tested and still not working. Developers understand if you don't. 2.90 - 2.92~2 are all about the Mopeka integration. Only one hijacking is you.

0 Likes 0 ·
junkycosmos avatar image
junkycosmos answered ·

Hi. Are you all following what is going on with the Ruuvi sensors / actually the Bluetooth stack ?? It’s crashing and disappears from having bt listed in settings / io.

ALSO and maybe worse yet. Restart reboot does not fix it. Pulling power cord does not. Instead you have to unplug all cords from Cerbo GX to full restart. Guess the power on bus or other port or Ethernet is not allowing for cold boot.

I posted about it in August but missed putting in the beta forum

I see someone else had issue going to 2.9.1 on that beta thread that was closed with bad answer about bt adapter

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/116353/lost-ruuvi-temperature-sensors.html?childToView=160205#comment-160205

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/149117/ruuvi-temp-sensors-lost-from-firmware-287-to-289.html

Btw I tried 2.9.1 and bt was gone. rolled back to 2.8.9, pulled all plugs from Cerbo, and bt is back along with Ruuvi sensors Data.

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Are you using an external BT dongle as per requirements?:

The Cerbo GX built-in bluetooth connection is disabled when the internal CPU temperature exceeds 53 degrees C (influenced by load and/or ambient temperature).

For reliable operation it is necessary to use a USB Bluetooth adapter.

0 Likes 0 ·
junkycosmos avatar image junkycosmos nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

What a bs answer. Two points

1. temp way under 53 C, around 25C

2. as noted in post I am using a BT adapter

with these types of replies no wonder this bug has been outstanding for several versions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ junkycosmos commented ·

Hi @Junkycosmos

I've sent you an email with a request if we can investigate your system.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources