UPDATE: 2022-10-17: v2.92 released officially
UPDATE: 2022-10-13: v2.92~1 released, one fix, a typo. See below comments.
A new version is available for public testing, v2.92~1.
In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.
The plan with v2.92 is to make it a very short cycle. All changes that we want to include in the official release are already in and have been tested internally.
Two changes, compared to v2.91:
1) Add support for ABB B-series meters, for use in ESS. Three types:
- B21: Single phase meter up to 65A. Same size as the ET112, but it has a small LCD screen.
- B23: Three phase meter, internal shunt, up to 65A per phase. Same size as the EM24 (70mm wide).
- B24: Three phase meter, external CTs. Same size as B23. Ratio configurable, up to 1000A per phase.
(see correct model numbers below in the thread, the originally states ones were wrong (!) ).
The ABB meter needs to be set to 38400 baud, no parity. Use a Victron RS485 cable.
These ABB meters have, from point of ESS, the same response times as the CG EM24 meter.
2) Fronius PV Inverter integration: fix a bug that on, very seldomly but still, causes huge spikes of PV power to be logged and show up (mess up) the graphs on the VRM Portal.
Some more details is below.
All the best and have a good night!
What to test?
- That there are no regressions in relation to the other already working meters, like ET112, EM24.
- That there are no regressions in relation to the monitoring of Fronius PV Inverters, or any other PV Inverter.
How to post an issue?
Please keep all findings organised as answers to this question. One answer per issue. So first check the existing threads. If you have the same as someone else already reported, welcome to add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer. Note that Answers and Comments are two different things!
Lastly, please first revert to the latest official release (v2.89), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.