question

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir asked

Venus GX temperature operated relay

i just want to operate the relay on a temperature value. i have the temperature showing on the dash board but cant find a way of linking it to the relay control. It just shows alarm, generator, tank pump, or manual.

Thanks

Richard.

Venus GX - VGXTemperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mario1234 avatar image mario1234 commented ·
I would have exactly the same question. Or where is it possible to create an alarm for a Temp.-Sensor based on a hysteresis. Just like the Alart mail message in the VRM portal. thanks Mario
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi,

Instructions for programming the relay to be temperature controlled are here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/configuration.html#UUID-ebddd7d2-0e03-b245-047a-0c7923387d50

It sounds like you might also need to update the GX firmware to the latest current version -

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/firmware-updates.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mario1234 avatar image
mario1234 answered ·
after an update it is possible to set temperature rules for the relays - that's nice. Thanks, but now one more question: Isn't it possible to integrate the temperature sensors into the alarm circuit? I also get an alarm signal from the BMS, for example, if the temperature in the BMS or battery is too high. This then disables the charging/discharging of the battery. Is that also possible in this form with the Victron temp. sensors that hang directly on the Cerbo.
The background to my question is: This night the communication to the EM24 was broken and the value for the grid was frozen at around 2000 watts. But the setpoint was 0 watts. So the ESS naturally tried to reach the setpoint and drained the battery. I want to prevent that now with the pole temperature of the battery because this naturally increases with a current draw of more than 100A over a longer period of time.

1665402960470.png

2 |3000

mario1234 avatar image
mario1234 answered ·
Of course, it would be nicer to get to the root of the problem. For example, if the grid value does not change by a certain value within a certain time, something is wrong and charging/discharging should be interrupted or an alarm should go up and thus stop charging/discharging
2 |3000

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir answered ·

Is it possible to mix temp and time? I’ve found that I need to operate a pump depending on the cylinder temperature but not if the outside temperature is below 5°c. I’ve used both relays in an AND logic arrangement and realise I could have done it with computer programming logic rather than physical logic. But now I want to add a time element, ie I don’t want the pump to start until 6am even if all the other criteria are satisfied. Any thoughts?

2 |3000

Related Resources