question

Harold Lopez avatar image
Harold Lopez asked

Autotransformer

Hi,

I am having some problems connecting an Easy Solar with a autotransformer (100A).

The main problem is when I try to feed the autotransformer with the Easy in position 1. a Message appears in the screen that says "Overload" and the Easy turns Off, even with the load unplug.

any idea why is this happening?

EasySolar All-in-OneAutotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The problem would appear to be magnetisation inrush current. It takes a finite time to magnetise the core of the transformer, and if you turn it on at the time the ac voltage is at peak, the current can be enough to 'overload' the inverter. You don't say how big the inverter is? Have you tried turning the inverter on with the transformer already connected (with no loads?)?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Harold Lopez avatar image Harold Lopez commented ·

Hello,

I have a 5KVA Easysolar system. I have improved some connections between the autotransformer and the easy and I have configured the ground relay as recommended by Victron. Now I have another problem. When the Easy goes from inverter mode to grid connection the power consumption goes from 1400W to about 2000W without adding any load?

Any idea what I can be doing wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·