question

charlj941 avatar image
charlj941 asked

Blue Smart IP22 Charger Configuration

Hello,

I recently replaced one of my lead acid battery banks with a single Blue Nova BN13V-108Ah-1.4kWh battery. I have an IP22 15 Amp charger and would like to know if the Li-ion setting is the best charging preset for the aforementioned battery. I also have a Smart Battery Sense connected to the battery and it is in a VE.Smart Network with the charger. Please see the attached screenshots to confirm that I have it setup correctly.

img-7978.png img-7979.png

bluesmart ip22VE.Smart Network
img-7979.png (368.5 KiB)
img-7978.png (309.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @Charlj941 given that you have an internal BMS in your batteries this config should work well. Please note that the shared temperature data is unlikely to be used in this config as the Lithium batteries battery setting disables the temperature compensation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

charlj941 avatar image
charlj941 answered ·

Hi @Sarah why would the Lithium settings disable the temperature compensation? Isn't the temperature compensation particularly applicable to Lithium batteries as they should only be charged in certain temperature ranges?

1 comment
2 |3000

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·

Hi @Charlj941 the BMS inside the battery will enable / disable charging if the temperature is too high or too low. The temperature compensation is different and used to optimise the voltage for charging lead acid batteries at different temperatures.

0 Likes 0 ·